Today in class, you should begin creating a draft of the script that you will use for your presentation. While the script need not include every word you intend to say, it should include the overall plan and essential elements of what your presentation will include. With that in mind, be sure to indicate the following in your script:
- The essential elements of the content including: The Hook, The Thesis, The stated Knowledge Questions, the multiple perspectives on the questions, the conclusions of the student presenters, and the research that informs the discussion.
- The Works Cited for the works mentioned (overtly or discreetly) in the script
- The estimated time for each section of the presentation
- The planned speaker/teacher for each segment of the presentation
- The questions you will ask in the Q and A section of the presentation along with the anticipated answers and follow-up questions you intend to ask
- The materials you will need to bring including: handouts/fliers, exit slips, surveys, and props that may be necessary for your presentation.
- Any visual aids like a slide show (these should be briefly described/planned out)
Obviously, you won’t finish everything in the hour, but you should be nearly done since the complete draft (of both outline and powerpoint/prezi) is due by the end of the class on Wednesday. This, of course, is in addition to the brilliant work you’ve already completed in managebac.
Now is not the time to be off task. You’ve been given plenty of time.
I will walk you through the process today. There are three main steps:
- Type interactions into Managebac
- Upload essay to Ib
- Upload the SAME (Final draft) essay to turnitin.com (Revision 5)
Before you upload your essay, please remember to:
- Type the words of your ‘title’ on the top of your essay.
- Remove all names/identification from your essay.
- Make it 12 point font and double spaced.
Logging in to IB, please remember:
- personal code starts with a lower case letter and is 3 letters followed by 3 numbers
- Your Pin is ALL CAPS
All of these steps need to completed this evening before Midnight.
When you are done with your plan, please read the following Document (in 5 parts) from Joseph McCarthy and the response from President Truman. Do an OPCVL for each document – the McCarthy Telegram and the Truman Response.
President Truman Response
Don’t forget to submit your responses by the end of class.
I’ve finished giving feedback to all students who had submitted their essays for feedback to revision 2 or revision 3. I will follow up with the other 20 candidates who have yet to submit an essay. If you have yet to receive feedback and would like it, please submit to revision 4. It is now open.
In case you find yourself practicing your capitalistic takeover of the State [Good LuckDECA kids!], linked below is what we read in class on Friday, March 2 before our exam. Please do read What Euclid Did and mark it up – there are a lot of interesting mathematical concepts introduced into the conversation. These mathematical things would likely be included on your final exam (in June).
Additionally, we spent time checking that students have submitted your ToK essay to submission 3 in turnitin.com . I have read nearly 3/4 of the essays… but there are still 25 or so students who have not submitted an essay that has been peer edited and polished. So………………………. please double-check to make sure you have an essay with a score above 8 in the turnitin.com revision #2 [if you got a 1 or a 2, you had asked for more time] OR you have done what is correct and submitted into revision #3.
Realize that I’m not giving comments on papers submitted into the first assignment – that was the draft that you were submitting for PEER feedback and then were to revise your work based on that feedback.
Please check to see that you have followed the correct process.