Here is your history project. It is due – with rubric and peer edited drafts – in both digital and printed form on November 21st at the beginning of class. Here is the info for the turnitin.com submission. Start by joining the correct class:
Class ID – 14048792 Password – spartans
Your submission is due in printed form at the beginning of class. Your turnitin submission has been extended to midnight. The digital submission must be IDENTICAL to your paper submission. Digital submissions that are different from the printed submission shall receive a zero on the assignment.
Part one: introduction of 700-1,000 words. In the introduction, you should explain how ideal histories are presented. Consider these topics (do they look familiar?):
- What is the role of a historian?
- What should an ideal history include? and what should its purpose be?
- What should be the role of someone aiming to learn from history? What are their obligations?
- What visuals should be included? Why those?
- To what degree should a historian write for the audience?
- Should a historian identify a theme or thesis in their writing?
- Part two: a brief, <1,000 word passage from a history textbook on the campaign. Here are the details:
- your mini-essay will be less than 1,000 words.
- It will include at least one visual with a caption (words in caption don’t count toward the total word count)
- It will include at least one quotation
- It will need to include at least one statistic
- It will need to be typed
- It will need to include a works cited and citations
- It will need to be your own ideas and not those of some other source
Here is the rubric explained in class. It will be stapled to the top of your peer edited drafts.