Here is the makeup assignment (It’s different from what your peers did in class.).
- Consider the Heinz dilemma. Write your response and explanation to what you would do if you were in Heinz’s place. Be sure to justify your answer with a rationale.
- Then, read the explanation of Kohlberg’s Stages of Moral Development (and compare them to Piaget’s stages of cognitive development).
- Considering your response to the Heinz dilemma, determine the stage that you are at. List it and explain your assessment.
- Think about what that means. Write your responses to the following: According to Heinz, where are you on the spectrum? Where do you want to be? Why would that level be best?
- Evaluate Kohlberg’s stages and explain whether or not you think they have merit. Are they legitimate? Is there a better evaluative tool for discussing moral actions?
- Now that you’ve done some thinking, you’re ready to show off. Address, in a quality paragraph, the following questions:
- What should guide our moral decision-making?
- What constitutes moral behavior?
- How should the ‘goodness’ of an act be determined?